This is our basic class, great for younger kids or even kids who are older and are just not just quite too comfortable in the kitchen yet. We base each week with skills within regional cooking. We teach basic knife skills culinary techniques and kitchen safety throughout the course. Ages 6 and up.
- Week 1: Knife Skills, Chopping Vegetables
- Week 2: Pizza, from scratch
- Week 3: Dumplings
- Week 4: Soups
- Week 5: Salads-Perfect Vegetables, Raw and Roasted and Dressings
- Week 6: Mexican
- Week 7: Pastry
- Week 8: Bring guests to Performance Dinner! (Each kid get s2 tickets)
Tour Italy at Food Lab!
This class is for kids that have either already taken the basic class or are at least 8 years old. Menus subject to change do to produce availability and whim of chef.
- Week 1: Hand Made Pasta, Fresh Tomato Sauce
- Week 2: Herbed Focaccia, Caesar Salad
- Week 3: Ricotta Cheese, Tortellini, Ravioli
Week 4: Tomato Cream Sauce, Gnocchi
- Week 5: Home Made Mozzarella, Eggplant Parmesan
- Week 6: Cucumber Salad, Bruschetta's
- Week 7: Italian Butterball Cookies, Zeppole with Lemon Curd
- Week 8: Performance Dinner (2 tickets per kid)
This class will be a great introduction to the world of natural foods. We concentrate on plant based foods, although this class is not entirely vegan. We will be concentrating on vegetable cookery, beans, grains, tofu and tempeh, and we will have some animal protein cooking one day.
- Week 1: Knife Skills, Grains: Vegetable Fried Rice, Cold Quinoa Mediterranean Salad
- Week 2: White Bean and Herb Salad, Smokey Black Beans
- Week 3: Vegetable Cookery: Preserving, Raw Salads, Braising and Roasting
- Week 4: Creamy Vegetables Soups and Vegetable Based Sauces
- Week 5: Cooking with Tofu and Tempeh
- Week 6: Pastry Day
- Week 7: Dips, Spreads and Snacks
- Week 8: Performance Dinner (Each kid gets 2 tickets)