This is our basic class, great for younger kids or even kids who are older and are just not just quite too comfortable in the kitchen yet. We base each week with skills within regional cooking. We teach basic knife skills culinary techniques and kitchen safety throughout the course. Ages 6 and up.
- Week 1: Knife Skills, Chopping Vegetables
- Week 2: Pizza, from scratch
- Week 3: Dumplings
- Week 4: Soups
- Week 5: Salads-Perfect Vegetables, Raw and Roasted and Dressings
- Week 6: Mexican
- Week 7: Pastry
- Week 8: Bring guests to Performance Dinner! (Each kid gets two tickets)
Tour Italy at Food Lab!
This class is for kids that have either already taken the basic class or are at least 8 years old. Menus subject to change do to produce availability and whim of chef.
- Week 1: Hand Made Pasta, Fresh Tomato Sauce
- Week 2: Herbed Focaccia, Caesar Salad
- Week 3: Ricotta Cheese, Tortellini, Ravioli
Week 4: Tomato Cream Sauce, Gnocchi
- Week 5: Home Made Mozzarella, Eggplant Parmesan
- Week 6: Cucumber Salad, Bruschetta's
- Week 7: Italian Butterball Cookies, Zeppole with Lemon Curd
- Week 8: Performance Dinner (2 tickets per kid)
Open up your kids eyes to the amazing world of natural cookery. This class is a great technique based class that can be used and enjoyed whether you have a vegetarian or not and be a great introduction to the world of natural foods. We concentrate on plant based foods, although this class is not entirely vegan. We will be concentrating on vegetable cookery, beans, grains, tofu and tempeh. The dessert portion will indeed be vegan and with alternative sweetners. Learning to balance the right seasonings and flavors to create amazing meals! We will be using nuts in this class as well as gluten (in the grain portion). Please advise of allergens.
- Week 1: Knife Skills, Grains: Vegetable Fried Rice, Soba or Buckwheat Noodle Salad, Sweet Quinoa Coconut Porridge
- Week 2: White Bean and Herb Salad, Smokey Black Bean Tostada, Falafel with Tahini Dip
- Week 3: Vegetable Cookery: Pickling, Greek Salad, Roasted Root Vegetable Salad, Fresh Herb Dressing, Sesame Braised Eggplant
- Week 4: Soups: Seasonal Minestrone, Tomato Basil, Bread Making (GF Option)
- Week 5: Cooking with Tofu and Tempeh: Make tofu from scratch, Tofu Scramble, Toasted Seeds, Agedashi Tofu
- Week 6: Pastry Day: Flour-less Chocolate Cake, Blueberry Cornbread
- Week 7: Dips, Spreads and Snacks: Artichoke Dip, Roasted Red Pepper Dip, Hummus, Butternut Squash Spread
- Week 8: Performance Dinner (Each kid gets two tickets)