Food Lab Cooking Classes, Events and Tastings
What to expect from a class? Most classes are hands on 3 hour classes, unless otherwise stated, where you will be cooking the first 2.5 hours and sitting to eat generous tasting portions the last 30 minutes. Wine and beer are both available to our guests for purchase. All classes are priced per person. Food allergies, intolerances or dislikes? Let us know when you sign up and we will work our magic for you.
We LOVE making Paella here, for many reasons. For large groups with differing dietary restrictions, this is a great menu. It is fun for all and unique to most. We will have several pans going, so worry not vegan, vegetarian, non-seafood eaters, we have you covered. This is a naturally gluten free dish ta-boot! GF/DF/V/VG options.
- Sofrito: The base of any great Paella
- Chorizo, Camarones y Vieira Paella (Chorizo, Shrimp and Scallop)
- Chorizo, Pollo y Hongos Paella (Chorizo, Chicken and Mushrooms)
- Ensalada de Pepino y Tomate (Classic Salad)
Week 4: Intro to Meat
- Recipes: Braised Lemon Chicken, Milanesa con Pollo, Roasted Chicken, Sauce Veloute
- Techniques/cooking methods: Dry/Wet/Mixed, whole chicken breakdown, trussing, braising
Other Classes in this series:
Thailand has some amazing street foods, learn some tricks from the original food stalls!
- Pork skewers
- Fried Watercress with cashews
- Shrimp Coconut curry
- Mango Sticky Rice
This delicious Israeli inspired menu is not to be missed! Join and nibble your way through the evening.
- Baba Ganoush
- Falafel with Tahini Sauce
- Fried Artichoke with Labneh
- Orange and black olive salad with Harissa
Nothing goes better with bubbly than fried chicken!
- Fried Chicken with Honey Ancho Glaze
- Potato Skins with Broccoli Bacon Goddess Slaw
- Anson Mills Creamy White Cheddar Grits
- Biscuits with Red Pepper Jelly
Week 1: Pickling and Preserving
- Recipes; Assorted pickled vegetables, preserved lemons, gravlax or confit tuna, seasonal chutney
- Technique/Cooking method: Preserving and Pickling, Knife skills
Other classes in this series:
A great evening to bring your kids in to cook! This will be a little simpler than other classes, yet it is still hands on so we do recommend ages 5 and up.
The price is per person.
- Hand Made Mozzarella and Pesto Bruschetta
- Parmesan Zucchini Fries
- Turkey Meatballs
We will learn sushi rice and roll some sushi, but let's go beyond!
- Miso Broth
- Tuna Tataki Salad
- Sushi Rolls
Rome, one of the most amazing cities in the world. If you can't be there you may as well eat like you are there! Enjoy learning these delicious and romantic recipes:
- Gnocchi alla Romana
- Tomato Basil Salad with Caper Vinaigrette
- Suppli al telefono (similar to arancini)
- Stracciatella alla Romana (delicious soup)
Week 2: Eggs
- Recipes: Soft scrambles, sunny side up, over easy, poached, French Omelet, Hollandaise, baked egg en cocotte, merengue
- Technique/Cooking Methods: Whisking, emulsification, understanding the delicate nature of eggs
Other Classes in this Series:
Cook with beer, drink beer! Check out these beer inspired recipes in all of their deliciousness.
- Pretzel Rolls with Brown Ale Mustard
- Lager Meatballs with Egg Noodles
- Kale and Radicchio Salad with Sour Vinaigrette
- Chocolate Stout Gingerbread
Come taste some very South of the Border flavors in our delicious class this evening!
- Empanada - Beef & Chicken
- Ensalada de Palmeto
- Humita - Fresh Steamed Corn Cakes similar to Tamale
Come enjoy some Napa inspired recipes!
- Tuna Tartar Tacos with Harissa Aioli
- Endive, Poached Pear and Candied Walnut Salad
- Balsamic Honey Rack of Lamb with Cauliflower Puree
Week 3: Intro to Fish
- Recipes: Poisson en Papillote with Romesco sauce, seared salmon with sauce Grenobloise
- Techniques/Cooking Method: Fish breakdown, how to purchase fish, difference of fish
Other Classes in this series:
Nothing compares to walking up to a Food Truck. The longer the line the better the food. Street side cool evenings. We don't have a truck but we know what goes down on the inside. These taco's will blow your mind... and your taste buds.
- White Bean Vegetable Tacos with Cilantro Pesto
- Fried Sweet Potato Taco with Sauted Onions, Avocado and Chipotle Cream
- Green Godess Kale Slaw
- Yuca Fries with Chili Aioli
The food of Portugal is just as amazing and sweet as the people. Come check out a traditional Portuguese menu, without the trip to Europe!
- Caldo Verde (Potato Soup with Collard Greens, Portuguese Sausage)
- Camarão Alho (Shrimp in Garlic Sauce)
- Bolinhos de Bacalhau (Codfish Croquettes)
Berinjela Gratinada ao Forno (Tomato and Cheese Stuffed Eggplant)
Rich, delicious, French. No more words necessary.
- Roquefort and Walnut Stuffed Pears
- Butter Lettuce Salad with Pine Nuts, Fresh Herbs and Caper Vinaigrette
- Duck Confit with Bordelaise Sauce
- Whipped Potatoes
Week 4: Pastry
- Recipes: Gougers, Creme Caramel or Flan, Crepe Suzette
- Techniques/Cooking Methods: caramelizing, baking, flambe, compound butter
Other classes in this series:
Cantonese food is packed with flavor. Check out these regional dishes...
- Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Cha Siu Bao (Barbecue Pork Bun)
Learn classic gnocchi and also try our some not so classics!
- Potato Gnocchi w Arrabiata Sauce
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Poblano Cream Sauce
- Chopped Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
Tagine cooking is like the one pot meal of the Middle East. Tagines are not only inexpensive, they are beautiful to cook and even better, to serve in! Learn about about that and also some dishes with Moroccan flavors.
- Chicken and Onion Tagine
- Moroccan Meatballs
- Preserved Lemon
Japanese Cooking is so much more then sushi and fried rice. Come learn how with us in this hands on class.
- Kinpira Gobo (Braised Carrot and Burdock)
- Chicken Yakitori
- Tempura Shrimp
- Simmered Kabocha with Shio Koji recipe
- Carrot Miso Dessing w/ Seasonal Vegetables