Food Lab Cooking Classes, Events and Tastings
What to expect from a class? Most classes are hands on 3 hour classes, unless otherwise stated, where you will be cooking the first 2.5 hours and sitting to eat generous tasting portions the last 30 minutes. Wine and beer are both available to our guests for purchase. All classes are priced per person. Food allergies, intolerances or dislikes? Let us know when you sign up and we will work our magic for you.
Turkey is full of all sorts of delicious dishes, it was hard to choose which recipes to cook for this evening!
- Manti (classic lamb dumpling served with yogurt)
- Dolma (stuffed peppers)
- Simit (sesame seed coasted circular bread)
Nothing more warming and delicious than some amazing, and surprisingly easy Italian food.
- Tomato Florentine Soup
- Salad Florentine
- Pappardelle w/ Pork Ragu
Learn classic gnocchi and also try our some not so classics!
- Potato Gnocchi w Arrabiata Sauce
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Poblano Cream Sauce
- Chopped Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
Come travel down the Silk Road and make some little packages of food. We will make and learn to pocket up a few different varieties, make some sauce and learn some history of these timeless little gems.
- Shrimp Shumai
- Steamed Pork Buns
- Chinese Dumplings
- Sweet Chili Sauce
Come learn and taste some of the delicious foods of Cuba. This is one of Chef Dave's favorite classes to teach, don't miss this gem!
- Arros con Sofrito (Spanish Rice)
- Lechon Asado Con Mojo (Marinated Pork Shoulder in Orange Juice)
- Habichuelas Negras. (Black Beans with Culantro) Yes Culantro not cilantro.
- Tostones y Maduros (Fried Plaintains)
Indian food is a lot about spices. We will teach you how to make fresh healthy and quick meals from India.
- Seasonal Chutney
- Masala Dosa
- Saag Paneer
Paella, the most fun, versatile one pan meal there is! Great for gluten free guests too...
- Chorizo Camarones y Vieira Paella
- Chorizo, Pollo y Hongos Paella
- Ensalada de Pepino y Tomate
The food of Portugal is just as amazing and sweet as the people. Come check out a traditional Portuguese menu, without the trip to Europe!
- Caldo Verde (Potato Soup with Collard Greens, Portuguese Sausage)
- Camarão Alho (Shrimp in Garlic Sauce)
- Bolinhos de Bacalhau (Codfish Croquettes)
Berinjela Gratinada ao Forno (Tomato and Cheese Stuffed Eggplant)
Ramen noodles are... pasta. How are they spongy and differnt though? Come learn some fun new ways to play with different flours, some new broths to drop them in.
- Shoyu Ramen
- Shio Ramen
- Miso Ramen
Come on in to Food Lab for a fun night of giving back. Dear Jack Foundation in partnership with Suffer Better will be bringing you a an evening of some plant based deliciousness, with a twist. Hint: Menu will be all vegan but the menu will be up to the guests..
Come enjoy learning some tantalizing South of the Border goodness in mini form. Perfect for parties or pairing with a nice cold lager on a warm day.
Mini Guacamole Tostadas with Ancho Cream
Chicken Lime Cilantro Taquitos
Tortas al Pastor (pork sliders)
Tagine cooking is like the one pot meal of the Middle East. Tagines are not only inexpensive, they are beautiful to cook and even better, to serve in! Learn about about that and also some dishes with Moroccan flavors.
- Chicken and Onion Tagine
- Moroccan Meatballs
- Preserved Lemon
Some incredible foods come from Greece, come in learn some delicious classics that you can recreate at home.
- Chicken and Lemon Rice Soup
- Moussaka with Eggplant
- Gyro with Tatziki
Come enjoy some Napa inspired recipes!
- Tuna Tartar Tacos with Harissa Aioli
- Endive, Poached Pear and Candied Walnut Salad
- Balsamic Honey Rack of Lamb with Cauliflower Puree
You will be guaranteed to leave full after this extravaganza!
- Avocado and Pickled Radish Toast
- Potato Waffles with Soft Egg, Proscuitto and Fontina
- Buttermilk Brioche French Toast with Vanilla Maple Syrup
- Rose Water Mimosa
Paris! If you cannot get to a sidewalk cafe or an extraordinary restaurant, you can at least come to Food Lab and cook up some cuisine of Paris.
- Salad Lyonnaise
- Roasted Scallop Potato with Leek
- Pan Seared Fish with Burre Blanc
End, or begin your week right with a hearty local inspired meal.
- Creamy Corn Soup with Chilies and Lime Crema
- Tomato Braised Green Beans
- Whole Oven Butter Roasted Chicken over Munson Squash
- Simple Salad with Roasted Beets and Lemon Vinaigrette
This is the first in our adult technique series. We will be looking more in depth at the basics of home cooking, a great series for people that are serious about cooking and want to hone their culinary skills.
- Knife skills
- Blanching vegetables
- Roasted Beet Salad
To sign up for whole series, go here.
Cantonese food is packed with flavor. Check out these regional dishes...
- Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Cha Siu Bao (Barbecue Pork Bun)
Japanese Cooking is so much more then sushi and fried rice. Come learn how with us in this hands on class.
- Kinpira Gobo (Braised Carrot and Burdock)
- Chicken Yakitori
- Tempura Shrimp
- Simmered Kabocha with Shio Koji recipe
- Carrot Miso Dessing w/ Seasonal Vegetables